Job Title: Professional Scout
Department: Professional Scouting
Reports To: Manager, Player Personnel (in addition to VP, Scouting)
Dates: Must be available to start by March 15th, 2020. Relocation to Phoenix, Arizona is desirable but not required.
Primary Objective: Support the professional scouting department in all facets of player evaluation.
- Provide written evaluations on players, with coverage to be assigned by management.
- Support the professional scouting department with video research and ad hoc special assignments, including Prospect Lists and Players of Interest.
- Assist amateur and international scouting departments on an as-needed basis.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Equivalent relevant work or playing experience may be considered in lieu of formal education if approved by management.
- Spanish speaking is a plus, but not required.
- Background in player evaluation is a plus, but not required.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Working knowledge of baseball skill sets and their roles in player evaluation.
- Working knowledge of the baseball industry and current in-game…