Dusty Baker is scheduled to meet with Astros officials about their managerial vacancy on Monday, but says he hasn’t heard from the Mets or Red Sox.
“I’m busy, I haven’t heard from anybody,” Baker told TV reporters in Houston on Sunday. “First come, first served and everybody wants to feel that they are wanted.”
The Post reported on Friday that Mets officials were discussing Baker as a possibility to replace Carlos Beltran, who parted ways with the organization last week after he was named in an MLB report that detailed the Astros’ illegal sign-stealing in 2017.
The 70-year-old Baker has an advocate in Mets special assistant Omar Minaya, with whom he has developed a tight relationship over the years, according to an industry source. Even so, Baker wasn’t considered as a serious possibility in the Mets’ search to replace Mickey Callaway earlier in the offseason, as team officials looked toward candidates they believed would bring a collaborative approach to the position.
But the search dynamic may have changed following Beltran’s departure. Baker, who previously interviewed for the Phillies job that went to Joe Girardi this offseason, has a strong…